The research of our lab aims to understand how proteins work, especially integral membrane proteins. These protein play important roles in many biological processes, such as material transport, signal transduction and catalytic reaction. Understanding how those molecules work in atomic details is essential for us to manipulate their activity and improve human health. One major focus of our lab is on the gating mechanism of ion channels which are important drug targets and implicated in human diseases.
PI：Lei Chen Ph.D.
Address: Wangkezhen Building, Room 218, Yiheyuan Road No.5, Peking University, Zip: 100871, Beijing, China
1. Guo W., Chen L. [Review] Recent progress in structural studies on canonical TRP ion channels. Cell Calcium (2019), 83, 102075.
2. Wu J. X., Ding D., Wang M., Chen L. [Review] Structural Insights into the Inhibitory Mechanism of Insulin Secretagogues on the Pancreatic ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel. Biochemistry (2019).
3. Kang Y.*, Liu R.*, Wu J. X.,Chen L. Structural insights into the mechanism of human soluble guanylate cyclase. Nature (2019), 574, 206-210.
4. Ding, D., Wang, M., Wu, J.X., Kang, Y., and Chen, L. (2019). The Structural Basis for the Binding of Repaglinide to the Pancreatic KATP Channel. Cell Rep 27, 1848-1857 e1844.
5. Zhang, M., Wang, D., Kang, Y., Wu, J.X., Yao, F., Pan, C., Yan, Z.#, Song, C.#, and Chen, L.# (2018). Structure of the mechanosensitive OSCA channels. Nature structural & molecular biology 25, 850-858.
6. Tang, Q.*, Guo, W.*, Zheng, L., Wu, J.X., Liu, M., Zhou, X., Zhang, X.#, and Chen, L.# (2018). Structure of the receptor-activated human TRPC6 and TRPC3 ion channels. Cell research.
7. Wu, J.X., Ding, D., Wang, M., Kang, Y., Zeng, X., and Chen, L. (2018). Ligand binding and conformational changes of SUR1 subunit in pancreatic ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Protein Cell 9, 553-567.
8. Li, N.*, Wu, J.X.*, Ding, D., Cheng, J., Gao, N.#, and Chen, L#. (2017). Structure of a Pancreatic ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel. Cell 168, 101-110 e110.(*Co-first author # Co-corresponding author).